Well Terry had drill this weekend so the kids and I did our regular Friday night tradition of movie night. We had a fun dinner of tostitos with melted cheese, black beans, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. They LOVE having chips for dinner. The movie started great but unfortunately I missed most of it. It all started when Madi clogged the toilet so badly that it overflowed and covered the whole floor in the half bath (she is her Daddy's daughter!) While I was on my hands and knees cleaning up that mess, Emily brought me a present of a nice ball of poop...ugh! So into the bath she went. Luckily Joey got to enjoy the movie and quickly let me know that I had missed the whole thing...HA! Needless to say, we all went to bed early that night(:
Saturday morning we got up and the kids decided that it was time to put up the Halloween decorations (they are a little excited about this holiday). So on September 13 the Sleister family has up all of its Halloween decorations. The kids are jazzed so its all good. I'll post pictures later of them in their masks. They have had so much fun putting on all of the different masks and running around growling at everyone or trying to convince me that there is an alien in the house. Even Emily has started joining in. It's pretty creepy when your adorable 2 year old puts on the mask from Scream and starts growling...
After the Halloween decorations we went on a fun adventure called "The Search for Gas." We found some and sadly we were excited to pay $3.95 a gallon. Joey also bought a globe for $.50 while we were on our adventure. It is so cool to see his excitement about learning. He loves to look on the globe and see where other countries are located in relation to us. He even paid for it with his own money from his piggy bank(:
Emily just started the most adorable thing. I have got to catch it on film. When we say the blessing at dinner time, she will murmur words while someone is saying the blessing and then say AMEN really loud. She is so stinkin' cute. It kindof makes up for her obsession with poop(:
Madi is like a little Momma. If somebody gets hurt or something, she'll say "that's why we don't play that way." It is so funny. She is so serious about it too. Oh the kiddos are getting so big and they change so much everyday. They truly are a gift from God and I am so blessed to be their Mommy. It definitely gets overwhelming...often, but I know that this is such a short season and it's important to enjoy each stage. On that note, I am going to sign off and get some sleep. You never know what tomorrow holds.....
::waid family::
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment