Friday, September 19, 2008

As I watch them grow...

I have really been in awe the last couple of days as i sit back and watch my sweet kids. they are all growing and changing so much that sometimes it is easy to miss something. Yesterday Emily had gone down to Joey's room and was playing with the teddy bears. She was talking to them saying the same words that I say to her when we are getting dressed and when i tuck her at night. I see the same thing when Madi is playing with her princesses. She plays out a conversation and uses the same words that i use with her. It is a huge reminder of how much our children look to us for guidance. They mimic what we do and say because of their sweet innocence that just naturally believes that what Mommy and Daddy do is Right. What an amazing responsibility and gift for us parents.

It is also a huge reminder that now is the time to "seize the day". What we do and say now will form our kids character and values forever. What they see will forever affect them whether for good or bad. Now is the precious time that God has given us to seek His wisdom for ourselves and pour that wisdom and unfailing love into our sweet childrens lives. I am so thankful that God chose me to be the Mommy to the three most beautiful and awesome kids. I pray that mine and Terry's choices today will show our children how amazing they are and how amazing God is. I pray that they will see that they can depend on God no matter what(:

No comments: